Tropical Marine Biology University Tour to the Maldives
Example study tour
Created for University of Derby
The University of Derby required a group travel package to a Maldivian region where students could explore coral reefs and mangroves, whilst learning about taxonomic ID for reef fish and the corals themselves including the threats faced by these organisms from climate change.
StudyLink created an 8-day study tour package to Huvadhu Atoll and arranged accommodation on a secluded island perfectly situated in the Indian Ocean, enabling students to investigate the surrounding environment and conduct research into the activity of coral reef and its inhabitants.
Group travel services provided by StudyLink
- Return flights from Birmingham Airport
- Airport assistance during check-in, security & gate checks on departure from Birmingham Airport
- Airport transfers in Kaadedhoo
- 12 nights’ full board accommodation at the Small Island Lodge, Faresmathoda
- Speedboat transportation throughout the tour to support visit programme
- Extensive group travel insurance
- Bespoke free-place ratio
- 24/7 on-call service
- Services of a dedicated Account Executive
- Bespoke itinerary planning service
- Online trip organiser & travel app
- Risk management services including live trip tracking
Custom-made 13-day itinerary to Faresmaathoda, Huvadhu Atoll
Day 1 to 2 - Arrive in Faresmaathoda, Huvadhu Atoll
After boarding a daytime flight to Kaadedhoo, group travelled overnight and was met at the airport by a hotel representative who escorted them via speedboat to their accommodation. Staying at the Small Island Lodge, group had the luxury of a private beach area with access to water sport facilities.
Evening meal served at the accommodation.
Day 3 to 11 - Group-planned activity
Continental breakfast, lunch and evening meal served at the hotel.
The group pre-arranged their own coral reef excursions, however StudyLink can pre-book transport tickets, dinner reservations and visits in the surrounding areas including snorkelling, diving and boat trips.
Day 12 to 13 - Return to Birmingham Airport
Continental breakfast and lunch served at the hotel, group was then met by the hotel representative and transferred back to Kaadedhoo Airport to board a flight to Birmingham Airport.