Trips to China for History Students
Students on a study tour to China will discover a country of contrasts. In recent years the economy has exploded to become the world’s second largest, meaning that the huge modern cities of Shanghai and Beijing sit alongside the more traditional way of life still in existence in the countryside.
Discover the ancient history of the Terracotta Warriors in Xian and visit the desert landscapes of the Silk Road and of course, The Great Wall. Educational trips to China make for a fascinating visit for college and university students of a range of subjects. Architecture, History and Economics students will find lots to tie in with their learning whilst being able to visit the venue that provided the world with one of the most memorable, visually stunning Olympics of all time. Its distinctive culture and landscapes will provide a welcome backdrop, whatever your study theme.
We are sure an educational trip to China will leave you with a new found understanding for this vast country.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Overnight flight from the UK|
|2||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|3||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|4||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City||Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs. History lecture of your choice||Kung Fu Show|
|5||The Summer Palace. Beijing Zoo Panda House||Shopping at local market||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|6||Transfer to airport for return flight to the UK||Arrive in the UK|
|Afternoon||Overnight flight from the UK|
|Morning||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides|
|Afternoon||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven|
|Evening||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|Morning||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs|
|Afternoon||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|Morning||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City|
|Afternoon||Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs. History lecture of your choice|
|Evening||Kung Fu Show|
|Morning||The Summer Palace. Beijing Zoo Panda House|
|Afternoon||Shopping at local market|
|Evening||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|Morning||Transfer to airport for return flight to the UK|
|Afternoon||Arrive in the UK|
Price Shown includes
- 6 day Beijing package including 4 nights’ full board accommodation
- Return flights & overseas airport transfers
- Visits to: Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall of China and Ming Tombs, Tiananmen Square , Mao’s Memorial Hall, Forbidden City, Lecture covering History of China topic, Liumingying agricultural village, Friendship Store and Silk Alley
- Coach transportation to visits
- Services of a Local Guide at visits
- All tipping
- Extensive group travel insurance
- 1 in 10 free place ratio
Price shown is based on 30 paying passengers departing from a London airport on selected dates and is subject to availability.
On-tour support includes...
- Airport assistance when you arrive back at your UK airport when you book a coach transfer to take you home
Additional on-tour support available...
- Airport assistance during check-in, security and gate checks on your outbound flight from the UK
- Pre-booked and pre-paid public transport tickets
- Services of a Local Guide
- The Transformation of China
- International Relations & Global Conflict