Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
For StudyLink, the safety of your groups is paramount, and with that in mind we recognise that we have a responsibility to help you minimise the risk involved with international and domestic travel. As such we've taken every step possible to ensure the safest experience for your students, so you can book and travel with confidence.
The School Travel Forum has been working with a leading independent travel risk management company to understand the challenges for the educational sector in travelling abroad. This work has been undertaken alongside the OEAP and the LotC Quality Badge to give peace of mind and advice when booking future travel and once restrictions lift.
As part of NST Travel, StudyLink is a member of the School Travel Forum; and we are committed to working with our transport, accommodation and visit providers throughout our supply chain, both in the UK and overseas, to ensure their services adhere to local government COVID-Secure health & safety protocols, giving you the peace of mind that your group can travel safely.
Some examples of enhanced health & safety measures include:
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes, including more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Social distancing throughout the accommodation
- Hand sanitiser dispensers available for guests
- Staff training on enhanced health & safety policies
Airlines & Airports
- Passengers must wear a face covering in enclosed areas in airports in England and in all areas in Scotland. In Wales and Northern Ireland, a face covering is recommended
- Most airlines have incorporated new boarding processes to minimise the amount of close contact between individuals
- Passengers may be required to wear a face covering during the flight - this is dependent on the individual airline
- Modern airplanes have cabin air filtration systems equipped with HEPA filters which recycles the air every 3 minutes
- Each airline and airport will have increased cleaning and disinfection measures in place
- Enhanced cleaning, including more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Hand sanitiser will be available on-board the coach
- New processes for boarding and disembarkation, which may include boarding at the front and disembark at the back
- The driver will wear a face covering and gloves for loading/unloading of luggage
- Pupils will be asked to remain in the same seat throughout the journey
- Reduced daily ticketing capacity to allow for social distancing & the best possible guest experience
- Enhanced cleaning measures
- Hand sanitiser dispensers
- Staff training on COVID-Secure policies
My Tour Manager
With My Tour Manager, information is stored about any future group travel plans in one place, instantly accessible online and via any device. My Tour Manager also contains an award-winning travel app for instant access for everything you'll need whilst you're away.
With the group's tickets and vouchers being stored on the travel app, this means that the group will have fewer personal touchpoints during their journey, thereby utilising some of the new safety measures put in place by our airline, accommodation and visit partners.